[Ohiogift] Support for History....(lite)

Will Fitzhugh fitzhugh at tcr.org
Wed May 3 07:58:21 EDT 2017

From: Bob Mathews
Date: May 1, 2017 at 18:09:38 EDT
To: Will Fitzhugh <fitzhugh at tcr.org <mailto:fitzhugh at tcr.org>>
Subject: Google and American history

Google, my employer, has given the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History $800,000 to support its Hamilton Education Program.  Apparently this includes a six-week curriculum on 18th-century history, tickets to the Hamilton musical for inner-city students, and online displays of original documents and virtual visits to historical sites.

https://www.blog.google/topics/google-org/bringing-alexander-hamiltons-history-life/ <https://www.blog.google/topics/google-org/bringing-alexander-hamiltons-history-life/>

https://www.gilderlehrman.org/programs-exhibitions/about-hamilton-education-program <https://www.gilderlehrman.org/programs-exhibitions/about-hamilton-education-program>

I'm not thrilled with the Gilder Lehrman curricula and lesson plans, which of course have no extended writing, but at least this project is bringing some money and attention to American history.

Bob Mathews