[Ohiogift] new NAGC initiative

Margaret DeLacy margaretdelacy at comcast.net
Mon Jul 4 18:57:10 EDT 2016

Friends:

The NAGC has launched a new initiative: Change Minds, Change Policies, Change Practices.  You can read the rationale on the NAGC website at

http://www.nagc.org/blog/change-minds-change-policies-change-practice

"Children with extraordinary gifts and talents are different and have different needs when it comes to helping them achieve their full potential. We parents, teachers, and advocates often get nervous to call attention to bright children, and many times we fall into the trap of working under the radar or even making ourselves invisible.

When we do this, we pull our bright children into the shadows with us. Hiding hasn’t worked in the past and won’t work in the future. We need a new approach to increasing support for the needs of gifted children......"

Margaret