[Ohiogift] Fwd: INTEL STS (sixty times the funding for The Concord Review)

Margaret DeLacy margaretdelacy at comcast.net
Thu Oct 22 13:58:58 EDT 2015

>"Dropping support for the high school contest is a puzzling decision by Intel,
>
>since it [only] costs about $6 million** a year
” New York Times 9/9/2015

>                 ** (sixty times the funding for The Concord Review) **

For comparison, the entire Federal TAG expenditure (all in the Javits program) is $10 m a year--and that is the highest it has ever been, after years at zero.  A large corporation or foundation could really make a big impact on our k-12 gifted services, especially if the funds were spent effectively.

Margaret