[Ohiogift] New OAGC Advocacy Alert available

Ann Sheldon anngift at aol.com
Fri Oct 9 12:55:37 EDT 2015

OAGC Survey on Gifted Performance Indicator;  No News is No News; NYTimes Dings Ohio. A new advocacy update is available at:
http://www.oagc.com/advocacyAlerts.asp .

New OAGC Survey on the GiftedPerformance Indicator – We will notreceive information from the 2015-2016 gifted performance indicator for severalmonths, but it is clear that districts are making changes to both identificationand service as a result of the indicator. Some changes are positive, and someare less so. In order to provide information to the State Board of Education aswell as other policymakers on the impact of the gifted performance indicator,OAGC is conducting a survey of district changes made to gifted identification,services, staffing, and professional development. We need just one person (giftedcoordinator or whoever is assigned to that duty) to fill this out per district.ESC gifted coordinators are asked to fill out the survey for each district theyserve. The link to the survey is https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/StateofGifted. Please fill this survey out by 10.31.15 so that we have to time compile thedata for members of the State Board of Education. If you have questions orissues with the survey, please contact Ann Sheldon at anngift at aol.com .

For the full Advocacy Alert, please go to the link above.