[Ohiogift] Senate reintroduces Talent Act, fwd

Gifted and Talented in Ohio Discussion List ohiogift at lists.osu.edu
Fri Feb 6 16:09:29 EST 2015

I would like to get as excited as I was when this Bill was first introduced
but I am not getting my hopes up.   I will however, make time this weekend
to respond to the latest OAGC advocacy request.

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Gifted and Talented in Ohio Discussion List
<ohiogift at lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> Friends:
>
> Below is a link to a press release from the National Association for
> Gifted children
>

> NAGC Praises Senators for Introducing Bipartisan Bill to Support
> High-Ability Students
> TALENT Act (S. 363) Introduced in Senate
> February 5, 2015
>
> WASHINGTON (February 5, 2015) – As Congress once again prepares to tackle
> a rewrite of the nation’s elementary and secondary education law, a group
> of bipartisan lawmakers have reintroduced legislation to reverse the
> neglect of high-ability and high-potential learners.....
>
> - See more at:
> http://www.nagc.org/about-nagc/media/press-releases/nagc-praises-senators-introducing-bipartisan-bill-support-high#sthash.yG1ul5zj.dpuf
>
> The press release doesn't include a link to the provisions of the Act but
> here is one for what I assume is the same Act from a previous Congress:
>
> https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/senate-bill/512
>
> Margaret

Vickie Briercheck
Assistant Principal
 Pfeiffer Intermediate School
4315 13th Street SW
Massillon, OH  44646
330-478-6163 ext 4002

If we are to have genius, we must put up with the inconvenience of genius,
a thing the world will never do; it wants geniuses but would like them to
be just like other people.
George Moore

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential information.
Such information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or