[Ohiogift] Early Graduation and Class Rank/Scholarships

Gifted and Talented in Ohio Discussion List ohiogift at lists.osu.edu
Tue Dec 16 13:57:52 EST 2014

How does your district handle the placement of students in class rankings
and in contention for local scholarships for students who graduate early?
Do you have a formal policy for this?

Are your early grads included in class rankings for the class in which they
complete their course requirements or are they excluded from the rankings?
If they are juniors and want to accelerate coursework to graduate with the
seniors, are they eligible to apply for local scholarships that state
applicants must be graduating seniors?

This question just came up in our district and I would like some feedback
as to how other districts are handling this.

Thank you!
Pat Naveau
--
*Pat Naveau*