[Ohiogift] ERIC digests

Gifted and Talented in Ohio Discussion List ohiogift at lists.service.ohio-state.edu
Sat Aug 30 15:13:35 EDT 2014

Friends:

The Federal Government's Education Resources Information Center has a redesigned website at http://eric.ed.gov/

It is very well-designed and I am very happy to say that all the old ERIC digests can be found through the site though you have to hunt a bit to find them (buried under "publication type" in the pull-down list on the right).  The Talented and Gifted Digests can be found directly at
http://eric.ed.gov/?q=Talented+and+Gifted&ff1=pubERIC+Digests+in+Full+Text

I will add this link to my own website at TAGPDX.ORG on the Topics Page
http://www.tagpdx.org/articles.htm

under "Research Resources and Tools"

There is also a history of ERIC on the new website. My impression is that the Digests will ultimately be replaced by "Topic Pages" but I couldn't find these listed on the site.

If you are looking for any ERIC digest, it is best to use this site as the private mirror site "ERIC Digests org" seems to have been captured by advertisers and is no longer useable.

For those of you unfamiliar with the ERIC digests, they were peer-reviewed research summaries that were copyright-free (because they were produced with our tax dollars) and could be copied or reproduced and handed out with some confidence that they contained reliable information.  The termination of the Digest program was lamented all over the country.  It would be very nice to see it revived as the research itself is becoming outdated now.  Perhaps the NAGC or the Council on Exceptional Children will advocate for a revival.

Margaret

' seems to be