[Ohiogift] SENG Parent Group begins Monday!

Gifted and Talented in Ohio Discussion List ohiogift at lists.service.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jul 31 14:32:31 EDT 2014

SENG Model Parent Discussion Group

Fall Parent Group Begins Monday!

If you haven't registered for this fall's parent group we have a few spaces left.  Parenting a gifted child comes with unique joys and challenges. During this eight week group, for two hours each week you will have time to talk with other parents of gifted children. We'll discuss different topics each week including:

Characteristics, Identification, and Identity Formation
Communication and Discipline
Intensities and Stress
Depression, Anxiety, Perfectionism
Motivation, Friendships, Bullying
Competition, Rivalry, Friends, and Family
Values, Traditions, the Media, and Successful Parenting
We strive to provide an environment to support and guide parents. Our aim is to increase awareness of the special emotional needs of gifted children and their families. We support parents in the refinement of their skills needed for parenting the emotional development of talented children. Parents have access to resources to enhance their understanding of gifted.

Included in each household registration is a 350+ page comprehensive book, A Parent’s Guide to Gifted Children, weekly handouts, and access to a free lending library.

Register for the class online at www.centralohiogiftedsupport.com.

Learn more about SENG at www.sengifted.org.

What are people saying? "This class has strongly changed my parenting techniques because I did not realize how special gifted kids are and how they need different techniques to help them grow."

We look forward to seeing you in August!

Heather Cachat
Certified SENG Model Group Facilitator
www.centralohiogiftedsupport.com