[Ohiogift] executive function in gifted kids 3/1 talk at OSU Newark

Cope, Virginia cope.38 at osu.edu
Wed Feb 26 15:35:38 EST 2014

A reminder about this great talk this weekend on the Newark campus of OSU.

Subject: executive function in gifted kids 3/1 talk at OSU Newark

Ohio State, Newark campus, is hosting a talk/q&a with two educational therapists on how to help gifted children handle the difficulties they sometimes have with executive function (planning, organization, writing, etc).

 This will be useful for teachers/parents of gifted kids as well as those who work with kids with executive function deficits -- and for those working with kids who are "twice-exceptional," dealing with both giftedness and EF issues.

This is a presentation the speakers gave the National Association of Gifted Association conference this year, and it was very well-received, so we've asked them to reprise it for a local audience.

RSVPs to me encouraged but not required (so we  have enough cookies and coffee).

Virginia H. Cope
Assistant Dean, Newark
Associate Professor, English
The Ohio State University