[Ohiogift] Counseling and gifted learners

Croft, Laurie J laurie-croft at uiowa.edu
Mon Jan 13 11:19:02 EST 2014

Gifted Kids Can Benefit from Counseling

Whatever your involvement with bright students, our upcoming webinar can help you understand the research and best practices for working with them.

Counseling in Gifted Education: Where We've Been and Where We're Going
Drs. Megan Foley Nicpon and Susannah Wood
January 30, 4:30 - 6:00 PM
Counseling is considered an integral part of the "whole child" approach to working with gifted children. This webinar session will a) provide a historical overview of counseling the gifted; b) highlight 10 major areas of research related to counseling the gifted individual; and c) apply these findings via recommendations for practice for counselors, teachers and administrators.

Learn more and register.<http://www2.education.uiowa.edu/belinblank/educators/webinar/> (http://www2.education.uiowa.edu/belinblank/educators/webinar/)

All of our Webinars are VERY cost efficient (this 90 minute Webinar is $45 to register a computer); any number of participants may participate in the Webinar from one computer at no additional cost.  As well, if you are unable to participate in the Webinar at that time, you may order the DVD for the same cost, and while you shouldn't make copies of the DVD, you are free to share with others-we encourage the AEAs to get a copy that they could check out.  As well, if an AEA or a school would schedule a computer for January 30, they can project the program and allow several people to participate at one time!

IF you are enrolled in another credit at the University of Iowa, you can register a computer or purchase the DVD for only $22 (half the cost of Webinar registration); if you are on campus, you may attend here at the Blank Honors Center that evening at no cost.

IF you want to take advantage of the academic credit, you just need access to the Webinar (whether it's through someone else's registration or through DVD); you are not required to register your own computer for the Webinar in order to enroll for credit.  Remember that the academic credit has an automatic 50% tuition scholarship; for one hour of credit, the cost is $226 (this is 50% off the cost of graduate tuition).
If you visit the link above, you'll see a list of previous Webinars; you may purchase a DVD of any of those Webinars, if those topics are of interest to your or others in your school.

Let me know if you have questions!

Laurie Croft

Laurie J. Croft, Ph.D.
Administrator, Professional Development
The Connie Belin & Jacqueline N. Blank International Center
  for Gifted Education and Talent Development
600 Blank Honors Center
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA  52242-0454
319/335-6148  800/336-6463
Fax 319/335-5151
e-mail:  laurie-croft at uiowa.edu<mailto:laurie-croft at uiowa.edu>
http://www.education.uiowa.edu/belinblank

Nurturing Potential | Inspiring Excellence