[Ohiogift] SLO's for Gifted - What are you using

giftedtchr at aol.com giftedtchr at aol.com
Fri Aug 16 11:10:40 EDT 2013

The other teacher of the gifted and Isee superior cognitively identified students in a pullout program.

We are NOT linked to any of thestudents.

So..... We're told that for the “other50%” of our evaluation, we need to write Student LearningObjectives.

We have found one written specificallyfor 3-5 grade gifted students addressing research skills.
We can use that after modifying it tofit our initial baseline data.

OK that takes care of one gradingperiod where we will emphasize social studies and the product will bea paper or something else something related to their research.

The other grading periods/products willbe:
Language Arts – Publishing a ShortStory
Science – PBL Involving LogicReasoning Presentation Skills & CSI style data testing
Math – TBD

So then..................  should wehave a SLO for each grading period?
Are there already any SLOscreated for gifted students doing things like those above?
(Otherthan the one already on the ODE website?
What are others in asimilar program doing for SLOs?

Thanks for your help,
Mark