[Ohiogift] gifted parents as advocates

Cherese Fiorina cherese at konabear.com
Tue May 28 12:54:34 EDT 2013

As a parent of 3 gifted children two of whom have accelerated through grades
I could not agree more.  You have to help the teachers understand what your
child needs.  We were told that our kindergartner who read on a third grade
level should be content to "cut color and paste."  The teachers,
administrators and district folks all know us and our kids are doing great
as are the teachers who have supported them but it was an uphill battle.
Please continue to talk to your kids about their day and their teachers - we
too would have had children labeled as disruptive just due to boredom.

Cherese A. Fiorina
cherese at konabear.com
www.konabear.com