[Ohiogift] Summer Scholarships for Twice-Exceptional Students, fwd.

Margaret DeLacy margaretdelacy at comcast.net
Mon Apr 8 23:15:19 EDT 2013

 Summer Scholarships for Twice-Exceptional Students

The Belin-Blank Center is pleased to announce a wonderful opportunity for twice-exceptional students. The Center recently received a grant from the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation which provides scholarships for twice-exceptional students to attend our Summer Programs. If your child has been identified as twice-exceptional and is interested in one of our summer programs, we invite you to complete an online application for that program. Applications will be reviewed and you will be notified if your child has been selected to attend. The JKC Scholarship will cover all of the costs of the program. Funding is limited.

Twice-exceptional students are gifted and talented students with learning, behavioral, or social impairments, such as autism spectrum disorders (ASD), specific learning disabilities (SLD), and attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). These students are at significant risk in America’s schools because their disabilities often mask their academic potential. Twice-exceptional students are underrepresented in gifted and talented programs and rarely receive appropriate direct services in schools, which places these students at an academic and social disadvantage. For twice-exceptional students to flourish academically and socially, they must be appropriately identified and have access to programming opportunities that address both their gifts and their needs.

See http://www.education.uiowa.edu/belinblank/students/summer/JKC_Scholarship.asp for more information