[Ohiogift] Which screening tools do you recommend for GT identification? (used CogAT this year)

Denise Gold denise.gold at goldcrm.com
Mon Mar 4 19:54:10 EST 2013

With her permission, I'm forwarding a question from a school psychologist in
Ohio, below. Please send your reply to mmbestgen at gmail.com. Thanks in
advance for any advice or experience you can share. - Denise Gold

Hello all!

We just wrapped up cognitive/gifted screening in my elementary using the
CogAT (Cognitive Abilities Test).  Some of the teachers came to me with
concerns about outdated pictures, awkward wording, etc. and wondered if I
knew of any other group cognitive assessments available.  I did some
Googling and found a few, including an ODE approved list, but want to reach
out to you all.  I'd like to be able to provide more than just names and
prices when I talk to administration.

Does your district complete group cognitive screenings?  If so, what measure
do you use?  Are you content with that measure?

Thanks!

--

Thank you,

  ~ Melissa Bestgen