[Ohiogift] Fwd: New Opportunity

Will Fitzhugh fitzhugh at tcr.org
Wed Jan 9 11:34:19 EST 2013

Begin forwarded message:

From: Confratute <confratute at uconn.edu>
Date: January 9, 2013 11:30:08 AM EST
To: CONFRATUTE_ALUMNI-L at LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU
Subject: New Opportunity

Dear Confratute Participants,

We are thrilled to share some exciting information, and you are among the first to learn about it. This summer we will start a new hybrid Ph.D. program that will allow teachers to work on a Ph.D. without sacrificing their jobs. The program involves a combination of online classes, summers on campus, and a one-year sabbatical on campus. Many of you have shared that you would love to earn a Ph.D. but cannot give up your job. This program makes that possible if your school will give you a one-year leave of absence (or sabbatical). The attached brochure shares information about the program.  The Ph.D. would be in Educational Psychology with a concentration in Gifted and Talented. The deadline for applying for this summer is February 1 (http://epsy.education.uconn.edu/programs/gifted-talented-education/gte/overview/).

We will also continue to offer our popular Three Summers Program for those of you who wish to earn a Master’s Degree  over the course of three summers. (http://www.gifted.uconn.edu/3summers).

If you have any questions about the program, don’t hesitate to contact me (del.siegle at uconn.edu).

I hope you are having a great year,

-Del

Del Siegle, Ph.D.
Head, Department of Educational Psychology
Professor, Gifted and Talented Education
Neag School of Education
University of Connecticut
249 Glenbrook Road Unit 2064
Storrs, CT 06269-2064