[Ohiogift] Talent Act peitition

Brenda Gift bgift at esclakeeriewest.org
Sun Dec 16 08:50:43 EST 2012

Use social media too....

Brenda Gift, Ed. S.
Supervisor
Challenger Learning Center, Gifted, GED and Ongoing Education Programs
Educational Service Center of Lake Erie West
419-246-3120
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 15, 2012, at 3:42 PM, "Jane Piirto" <jpiirto at ashland.edu> wrote:

> I signed. It's not hard. Please, everyone, go to the website and sign.
> We can't get national support if we can't even get 25,000 people.
> According to the ODE, Ohio gets a half billion for the same number of
> students in special education categories, and none for our identified
> gifted students. We've even lost our Javits money from the feds--sign,
> sign sign!
>

> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Margaret DeLacy
> <margaretdelacy at comcast.net> wrote:
>> As of today, Saturday, the Talent Act petition has 3,676 signatures.  ON the other hand, a petition asking the government to construct a death star received more than the required 25,000 signatures to trigger an official government response.
>>
>> http://www.space.com/18904-white-house-to-respond-to-death-star-petition.html
>>
>> Margaret

> --
> Jane Piirto, Ph.D.
> Trustees' Distinguished Professor
> Director of Talent Development Education
> 247 Dwight Schar College of Education
> Ashland University
> Ashland, OH 44805
> Office phone: 419-289-5379
> Web site: www.ashland.edu/~jpiirto

This electronic mail message and any attachments contain information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communication privacy
laws and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. This e-mail and any response to it may constitute a public record, and therefore,
may be made available upon request in accordance with Ohio Public Records Law (ORC 149.43).

If you are not an intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing or
otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in
error and then immediately delete the communication. ESC Lake Erie West thanks you for your cooperation.