[Ohiogift] OAGC November 2012 News Flash

anngift at aol.com anngift at aol.com
Thu Nov 1 13:15:26 EDT 2012

For a colorful version of this email with active links, please go to: www.oagc.com/?q=flash

OAGC November News Flash: Workshop, Academies, & More

Professional Development

OAGC 2012 Coordinator Winter Workshop

The deadline for early registration to the OAGC Coordinator Winter Workshop is
November 21, 2012. Please fax (614-337-9286) or postmark your registration
before November 21to receive the early registration discount. If you have any
questions about registering, please contact Kay Tarbutton at 614-337-0386 or
email her at [1]sktarbutton at sbcglobal.net . The workshop "Tethered:
Understanding the Lives of Gifted Children in a Technology-Driven World" will be
held at the Quest Center in Columbus, Ohio. Registration forms and a tentative
agenda can be found at [2]http://www.oagc.com/?q=CoordinatorWorkshops

Teacher Academy Call for Proposals Due in December

The OAGC Teacher 2013 Spring Teacher Academy will be held on March 18 and 19,
2013 at the Columbus Doubletree in Worthington. The call for proposal will be
posted on the OAGC website at [3]http://www.oagc.com?q=TeacherAcademy. Proposals
are due December 15, 2012.

Policy/Advocacy

Lame Duck Activity
The OAGC General Assembly will likely tackle education accountability overhaul
in the post-election days. For mores information, please to go to the OAGC
Advocacy Alerts page at http://www.oagc.com/?q=advocacyalert[4] .
General Information

OAGC Review Articles Due

Articles for the OAGC Review are due November 15, 2012. In keeping with our 60th
anniversary theme, we are focusing on the past, present, and future of gifted
education in Ohio. We will also consider articles on other topics, student work,
and regional news. Please email Ann Sheldon at [5]anngift at aol.com to submit an
article or to request a deadline extension.

Parent News

For parents unable to come to the OAGC Parent Day, please go to
[6]http://www.oagc.com/?q=parent to access handouts and to participate in a
parent survey on social media.

What's New?

Please check out the latest blog post on High Ability blog at
[7]http://highability.wordpress.com/ .

Donate to OAGC

OAGC is the only organization in Ohio advocating on the behalf of gifted
children. Please consider a donation to OAGC by going to the following link
[8]http://www.oagc.com/q=donations.

Social Media Connections
Do you Tweet? Follow the OAGC Advocacy Updates by following Anngift at
[9]www.twitter.com/anngift .
Are you on Facebook? Become a fan of OAGC by clicking on
[10]http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/pages/Ohio-Association-for-Gifted-Childre
n/297512603982?ref=ts .