[Ohiogift] Fwd: Ohiogift Digest, Vol 6, Issue 17

Margaret DeLacy margaretdelacy at comcast.net
Thu Oct 25 18:57:45 EDT 2012

>I believe they are a 501(c)(3) organization (charitable/not for
>profit) and as such are required to give a copy of their 990 to anyone who
>asks.

I actually have requested information about their 990 at least three times.  The answer to my second request is below. The first was ignored and I haven't received any reply to the third either., sent  on October 16th.

I have in fact read the NAGC 990 on Guidestar but I don't think making the forms available to walk-ins at in the Washington DC office is equivalent to providing a copy to anyone who asks.   I live in Oregon so it would be rather difficult for me to check out a copy in DC.   The 990 itself also says that copies are available to anyone who asks.It would have been easy to send the 990 as an attachment.

The 990 for 2010-2011 reports income of just under $2 million.  I'm not an accountant.  I'll let the rest of you take a look for yourselves.  I can attach it as a .pdf if someone drops me a message.

To be honest, I was just curious about what would happen if I asked for this information--and I was curious about why the NAGC events are so expensive.

Margaret

From: Andrew Bassett