[Ohiogift] Fwd: Ohiogift Digest, Vol 6, Issue 16

Margaret DeLacy margaretdelacy at comcast.net
Thu Oct 25 14:43:57 EDT 2012

>Anyone know/have hard research disputing or  supporting an inclusion setting for gifted students?
>Thanks,
>Barb

See the articles in the links at http://tagpdx.org/articles.htm#Articles%20on%20Grouping

The most informative IMHO are the studies by Rogers which give effect sizes for every sort of program arrangement, Westberg, Archimbault et al. which finds that few teachers differentiate in a heterogeneous classroom and Delcourt.

Gentry finds cluster grouping beneficial overall; I don't think she documents learning gains among gifted students in particular, but it's been a long time since I read that one.

Margaret