[Ohiogift] Adults only

Robin Retzler robin.retzler at retzlercpa.com
Thu Oct 25 17:15:16 EDT 2012

I'm a little disenchanted with NAGC as well for that, although, I do think
that supporting gifted adults would be a great thing to do as there is
little to no support for gifted adults.

If you are really interested in finding out where NAGC spends its money,
you should ask for a copy of their Form 990 for the most recent year or
years.  I believe they are a 501(c)(3) organization (charitable/not for
profit) and as such are required to give a copy of their 990 to anyone who
asks.  The 990 has the income and expenses broken down in such a way as to
see where the money comes from (donors, programs, etc) and what services it
goes to.  They are required to describe their program services, list the
top 5 highest paid employees, and other information.  There is a lot of
knowledge to be found in the Form 990.

Pursuant to Circular 230 promulgated by the Internal Revenue Service, if
this letter, or any attachment hereto, contains advice concerning any
federal tax issue or submission, please be advised that it is not intended
or written to be used, and that it cannot be used, for the purpose of
avoiding federal tax penalties unless otherwise expressly indicated.

The information in this transmission is privileged and confidential and
intended only for the recipient listed above.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based
upon it, is strictly prohibited.

Thank You.