[Ohiogift] Gifted Girls: A must read for parents, teachers, counselors looking for an excellent resource

Sandra Warren Sandra at arliebooks.com
Mon Sep 3 12:47:54 EDT 2012

Most of you come to this list for information, resources and guidance in
dealing with gifted children and adults. I offer the following as a viable
resource for your consideration:

I did something weird this morning, standing in my pajamas, next to my
bed.  I read an entire 30-page book called, *Manifesto of the Gifted Girl*,
by Joan Franklin Smutny, from cover to cover, wishing the book had been
available when my daughters were in school and vowing to send them copies
anyway, as their own gifted daughters are attempting to make their way
through academia.

The book came to me as a gift and had sat unopened on my bedside table.
What made me pick it up this morning, I can’t say. But I did, and couldn’t
put it down.

If you have a gifted daughter, teach or counsel them, this little gem will
speak to their heart, their dreams and offer hope. And through the voices
of other gifted girls, they will surely see themselves.

As Joan Smutny says in her introduction, “…the Manifesto is a catalyst for
discussion and reflection, and, hopefully, a call to action as well.”

BTW: Although I know Joan Smutny and have publications with Royal Fireworks
Press, neither is aware nor asked me to do this.

*Manifesto of the Gifted Girl*, is available through Royal Fireworks Press.

Regards,

Sandra Warren :-)