[OHIOBWG] New Contact

Titchenell, Marne titchenell.4 at osu.edu
Mon Jul 26 12:45:59 EDT 2021

Hi Everyone - see the below email from Sarah Stankavich with some exciting news!

Hi all – If you haven’t heard already, I have accepted a new position with Bat Conservation International and I am no longer the bat coordinator at ODNR. Luckily, BCI is supportive of me still being involved in the Ohio Bat Working Group, so I will still get to work with you all in some capacity! Hopefully once things settle, we can get the committee meetings started up again (sorry, I’ve been slacking on that this year). We’ll also be starting the planning for the annual meeting soon and will be resuming plans to hold our first Bat Blitz in 2022. Exciting stuff!

For interested parties, my new position at BCI is “Fat Bat Coordinator” (great title). I will be helping coordinate the largest scale test of a solution to WNS to date and working with partners across the eastern United States – from the northeast, Midwest, mid-Atlantic and into the Southeast, to implement testing of “Fat Bat Bug Buffets” to improve body condition and chance for survival for bats impacted by White-nose Syndrome. My new email address is sstankavich at batcon.org<mailto:sstankavich at batcon.org> if you need to reach me.

Sarah

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10.