[Natfinwellness] Financial Wellness Course inquiry

Beth Tallman bethgtallman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 20:47:34 EDT 2017

I taught a class at Oberlin College for 5 years.  The first 4 years it was
a P/NP elective (1/2 semester).  Last year (syllabus attached) it was a 2
credit (1/2 semester) class that
counted toward the quantitative requirement. This should give you an idea
of the topics I felt were important.   As it was only a few weeks (and was
initially an elective), I initially used Beth Kobliner's book, but it never
was updated. It was a trade book, not a text book.

I ended up creating my own text for the students, as well as the
assignments (EXCEL based for the quantitative credit).  I pulled in lots of
articles from current press, and blogs (from CentSai.com, for whom I was
working at the time.)
I used those as conversation starters.

feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Beth Tallman