[Natfinwellness] Scholarship Search Site

Moody, Katherine moodyk at ripon.edu
Wed Jul 5 13:25:53 EDT 2017

Hello,

The problem with most scholarship search sites is that they exist in order
to collect personal data on students for commercial marketing purposes. I
did a quick search and found the Department of Labor has a wonderful
database -
https://www.careeronestop.org/toolkit/training/find-scholarships.aspx
 - and as far as I can tell, it does not collect personal data. It has
7,500 scholarships and a fairly robust sorting mechanism that allows for
easy browsing. There are probably other good ones and I'd be interested to
hear what sites people like.

Many states also provide their own list of scholarships. Ayeesha, since
you're in Texas I dug up this list from the comptroller:
https://comptroller.texas.gov/programs/education/msp/funding/aid/faidalpha.php
Unfortunately it isn't as user-friendly as the DoL site.

It took me less than five minutes to find both of these sites. If you've
been frustrated trying to find resources, please be sure to join Lauren
Reiter and I at the HEFWA conference during the second Tuesday session for "The
signal and the noise: build a better program using better information in
half the time"  <https://www.hefwa.org/tuesday-session-2>

See everyone in a few weeks,

Kate Moody

Associate Librarian – Access Services

Department Chair - Lane Library

Ripon College
300 W. Seward St.
Ripon, WI 54971

(p) 920-748-8750
Visit us at *ripon.edu <http://ripon.edu/>*[image: Ripon Flickr]
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/ripon_college/>

This e­mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Any
review, dissemination, copying, printing, or other use of this email by
persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and
delete the material from your computer.