[Natfinwellness] America Saves Week 2017

Lindsay Ferguson lferguson at consumerfed.org
Tue Jan 10 08:11:18 EST 2017

Good Morning!

America Saves Week<http://www.americasavesweek.org> 2017 is right around the corner (February 27-March 4)! I wanted to reach out to you personally to let you know that materials and resources to help you encourage your students, faculty, staff, clients, and/or constituents to save effectively are now available. If you haven’t already, register here<http://americasavesweek.org/sign-up/> to receive updates and tools to help you plan successful promotions and activities.

I also have a favor to ask. Will you help us spread the word to your partners, and networks about this annual opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and individuals to assess their own savings? Here are four easy ways to encourage other non-profit organizations, government agencies, employers, banks, and credit unions to persuade Americans to set a goal, make a plan, and save automatically:
1. Send them an email
2. Include a blurb about the week in your newsletter
3. Post about America Saves week on your blog or social media
4. Tweet and post to Facebook

I attached some sample language and social media posts, including graphics. Feel free to make any changes you would like.

And if you’re eager to get your America Saves Week 2017 plans started before the digital toolkit is released (will be available within the next few weeks), we have a new option for you this year. Our Mini Kit offers sample tweets, daily themes, and important resources. It is now available here<http://americasavesweek.org/digital-toolkit/>.

Lastly, we have tons of America Saves Week resources exclusive to Academic Institutions<http://www.americasavesweek.org/academic-institutions/> including best practices and case studies.

Let me know if I can help with any of your activities and outreach efforts to promote better savings habits in your community!

Best,
Lindsay Ferguson
America Saves Campaign Outreach Manager
Consumer Federation of America