[Natfinwellness] Interactive Budget Workshops

Schuman, Philip Andrew phaschum at iu.edu
Thu Oct 27 10:36:22 EDT 2016

Jordee and all,

At IU we built an interactive budgeting workshop where students make decisions about their lifestyle choices based on their income, student loans, place of work, etc.  It seems to go over pretty well when we do it.  Here's a link to the presentation (https://iu.box.com/v/moneysmartsgame) that we do as well attaching the handout that goes along with it so you can see how they work together.  A couple of caveats to point out are:

  *   In the presentation we use IU branded fonts, which may or may not be installed on your computer…so if the fonts come out strange, note that it’s because of that and not because we’re lazy presentation makers, haha
  *   On the slides that say “Uh Oh” we have cards that we hand out to random students that indicate a positive or negative event happening in their life and have a dollar associated with it.  I’ve attached a file that has some examples of very bad, bad, and good events

Let me know if you have any questions about the presentation.  Thanks!

Phil

[pastedGraphic.png]

Phil Schuman

Director of Financial Literacy

504 N. Fess Ave.,

Bloomington, IN 47408

317.274.7430 / phaschum at iu.edu<mailto:phaschum at iu.edu>

[cid:A5A6ADCF-8839-44D8-9FA6-57EB1C5F3A8A]