[Natfinwellness] Interactive Budget Workshops

Ann House ahouse at sa.utah.edu
Fri Oct 28 17:57:31 EDT 2016

Use PowerPay. It is interactive and a great learning tool for debt reduction, savings, and for budgeting. It can accessed on computers or through a phone app so everyone of your students can work with it. www.powerpay.org<http://www.powerpay.org>  and through the Apple Store

Each student creates their own UN and PW.
Create real or made up profiles. See how one percentage point makes a difference in comparing loans or how saving or repaying debt by adding a few dollars a week makes a huge difference.
The spending plan is fun to play around with as it calculates numbers with each input.

I use PowerPay with almost every student I counsel. Take a look at it. And its FREE!

Ann C. House, MS, CPFC, CEPF
Coordinator, Personal Money Management Center
The University of Utah
Olpin Student Union Building
200 S. Central Campus Dr., #317
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
801-585-3886 (Office)
www.personal-money-management.utah.edu<http://www.personal-money-management.utah.edu/>
[cid:image003.png at 01D23133.FD2AF630]

2015 AFCPE Outstanding Financial Counseling Center