[Natfinwellness] Credit Scores (Starting Score)

Brenda J Cude bcude at uga.edu
Fri Jun 24 09:07:30 EDT 2016

The average score is around 690 and 720-740 is considered a good target to build a credit score (http://www.credit.org/credit-scores-good-credit-scores/?gclid=CjwKEAjwtLO7BRDax4-I4_6G71USJAA6FjN1jjQrduGk9gI4YKR8MUam_MkfOhJxpxMQPo1ERt_pdxoCoVzw_wcB).

Average credit scores increase with age (https://www.creditkarma.com/trends/age) , income and state (http://www.valuepenguin.com/average-credit-score)

I also think it's important to distinguish between FICO Scores (used by 90% of lenders) and VantageScores.

bjc

Credit.org What Credit Scores Are Good Credit Scores ...<http://www.credit.org/credit-scores-good-credit-scores/?gclid=CjwKEAjwtLO7BRDax4-I4_6G71USJAA6FjN1jjQrduGk9gI4YKR8MUam_MkfOhJxpxMQPo1ERt_pdxoCoVzw_wcB>
www.credit.org
When talking about what makes up a good credit score range, we referred to our infographic, “What is a good credit score?” The guidelines we use are fairly ...

Average Credit Score in America: 2016 Breakdown<http://www.valuepenguin.com/average-credit-score>
www.valuepenguin.com
We break down what the average credit score is in America for different age groups, income levels, geographies and first time home buyers. We also break down how ...

[https://creditkarmacdn-a.akamaihd.net/ckfiles.com/assets/435414654798/res/img/facebook/oglogo.jpg]<https://www.creditkarma.com/trends/age>

Credit Trends by Age | Credit Karma<https://www.creditkarma.com/trends/age>
www.creditkarma.com
Based on our data, there is a clear relationship between age and average credit scores. Generally speaking, younger consumers have lower credit scores on average.

Brenda J. Cude, Ph.D.
Professor and Undergraduate Coordinator
Department of Financial Planning, Housing and Consumer Economics
102 Consumer Research Center
College of Family and Consumer Sciences
The University of Georgia
706-542-4857
http://www.linkedin.com/in/brendacude/
bcude at uga.edu<https://bluprd0210.outlook.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=vOIcKdF-3E-1tQaJcKgYQF7RyIsVntAImS-Xqj8YC7a38WwtY4lVWDFxHZFCLgm286cvpkiARdE.&URL=mailto%3asworthy%40uga.edu>
Mailing Address: Department of Financial Planning, Housing and Consumer Economics, Dawson Hall, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602