[Natfinwellness] Credit Scores (Starting Score)

LIPINOGA, LAUREN LIPINOGA at mailbox.sc.edu
Thu Jun 23 18:41:19 EDT 2016

Greetings All,

I'm working on revamping our Financial Literacy consultations and what is discussed during them. For our Building & Managing Credit consultation, one topic discussed is credit scores, including the range and if you're just starting to build credit, where you generally start in terms of score? I know the range is obviously 300-850 but have seen conflicting things regarding where folks start in terms of a credit score. Does anyone know where I could find this information/know the answer so that I can pass on the appropriate information?

Thanks!
Lauren Lipinoga

Lauren E. Lipinoga, M.Ed.
Coordinator of Financial Literacy, Student Success Center
Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support
Thomas Cooper Library-Mezzanine
1322 Greene Street
Columbia, South Carolina 29208
Phone: 803.777.9972