[Natfinwellness] FutureSmart Research Conversation Invite

Dan Zapp dr.dan at everfi.com
Wed Dec 14 12:43:27 EST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

My name is Daniel Zapp, PhD and I work alongside of Meg Moyer at Everfi,
Inc. Everfi is a digital education software company in DC that focuses on
critical skill development and we are Directors of Research, focusing on
Higher Education and K-12 Education programs, respectively.

In the 2016-2017 school year, the MassMutual Foundation and Everfi launched
FutureSmart, a co-curricular digital education course implemented in middle
school classrooms and led by teachers. The course consists of seven modules
covering topics such as:  financial values and goal setting, budgeting and
opportunity cost, saving and investing, payment types, banking, risk vs.
return, and planning for the future.

As part of the FutureSmart program, we will be undertaking rigorous
outcomes research to be conducted during the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 school
year to help us evaluate the impact of our course and improve the design.
With an external research partner, we will seek to:  a) measure the student
outcomes associated with classroom-based digital financial education
and b) identify
implementation factors that influence student outcomes.

As we work to finalize a Request for Proposal for the two-year research
project, we would like to formally invite you to join our foundational
conversation into how best to identify and assess outcomes linked to
digital financial education in middle school student populations.

Please join us to learn more about the FutureSmart program, hear about the
RFP, and engage with The MassMutual Foundation, EverFi, and other
researchers.

*When: *January 4th, 2017, 1-3 pm

*Where: *WebEx or Phone

We value your experience and perspective as unique and insightful and would
love to have your voice included in our discussion. Please review the
additional information attached to this email feel free to send this along
to any members of your networks who might be interested in this research
endeavor.

For questions about the FutureSmart Research Conversation, contact Dr. Dan
Zapp (dzapp at everfi.com) or Meg Moyer (meg at everfi.com). To learn more about
the FutureSmart program, visit futuresmart.massmutual.com.

Thank you for your time,

--

*Dan Zapp, PhD*
*Director of Research*

*Please join us for our upcoming webinar:*
*The Process of Programming: Exploring Best Practices for Effective
Prevention Programs*
<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4020926496376769026>
Thurs., Dec. 15, 2016: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CST / 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST