[Natfinwellness] Confidentiality questions

Ann House ahouse at sa.utah.edu
Tue Nov 3 13:10:16 EST 2015

I currently have 6 peer mentors in my office and 1 marketing intern, all students, as well as 3 certified personal financial counselors. I have all of my student staff sign this form that was created for us by our general council. Sorry I don’t have an electronic copy, I have misplaced it over the years and just keep making copies as needed.

We talk about how to handle situations of confidentiality during our training and staff mtgs – what to do when you recognize someone who comes in for counseling or how to continue to be around a good friend that you know has had counseling. When I interview students for jobs in my office, I also talk quite a bit about the importance of confidentiality. So far, we haven’t had any problems, but I am protected if issues arise.

Ann C. House, MS, CPFC, CEPF
Coordinator, Personal Money Management Center
The University of Utah
Olpin Student Union Building
200 S. Central Campus Dr., #317
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
801-585-3886 (Office)
www.personal-money-management.utah.edu<http://www.personal-money-management.utah.edu/>
[cid:image004.png at 01D11627.6ABAAED0]

2015 AFCPE Outstanding Financial Counseling Center