[Natfinwellness] Confidentiality questions

Kathleen Czech kzczech at stkate.edu
Tue Nov 3 11:55:41 EST 2015

Hi Kate,

There are a number of student positions on our campus that involved
confidentiality, so our Human Resources office has an agreement for student
workers in these kind of roles. When my peer money mentors were hired they
signed the confidentiality agreement with HR and the expectations were
covered. Have you checked with your student employment rep/HR office?

Additionally, we send students who have very bad debt and
complicated/challenging budgeting issues to a certified consumer credit
counselor. We also send students to her if they simply are not comfortable
discussing their finances with a peer. This counselor is through an outside
organization - Lutheran Social Services. This takes our office out of it
entirely. The consumer credit counselor cannot share any of the student's
situation with us.

The topic also comes up regularly in our weekly team meetings and is
addressed in student workers' performance reviews. In the 8 years that our
program has been in place, we've never had any problems. (knock on wood ☺)
I employ four peer money mentors, btw.

Hope this helps! If you would like me to get the confidentiality agreement
from our HR team I can ask them for it. Best regards,

Kathy

*Kathy Czech*
*Assistant Director, Financial Literacy & Student Employment | St.
Catherine University **| **651.690.8685 <651.690.8685> |* *
studentemployment at stkate.edu <studentemployment at stkate.edu> | Recruiting
Coordinator, Anne Bowlin | 651.690.6981 <651.690.6981> |
ambowlin at stkate.edu <ambowlin at stkate.edu>  | **Peer Money Mentors | **
moneymentors at stkate.edu <moneymentors at stkate.edu>* *| Coeur de Catherine
Suite 210 | 2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105  **
<moneymentors at stkate.edu>*