[Natfinwellness] National Summit on Collegiate Financial Wellness

Schuman, Philip Andrew phaschum at iu.edu
Wed May 13 12:58:29 EDT 2015

[cid:9BC7C209-29E8-4A1B-89A7-6BF9ABB6A44B]

Happy Wednesday everyone,

We are only 1 1/2 months away from the 2nd National Summit on Collegiate Financial Wellness (NSCFW), this year held at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana from June 28 - 30.  We wanted to send out a reminder that to take advantage of the early-bird registration rate ($180), please register before June 1.  If you’d like to view the description of the sessions at this year’s Summit, please visit http://bit.ly/1JnNPCu
NSCFW was established to unite educators with a passion for student financial wellness, regardless of their functional areas of work within higher education. The goal of the Summit is to connect those who value significance in students’ understanding of how to manage their personal finances and seek to move forward financial wellness effort on their own campus.
The Summit emphasizes the connection between finance literacy and its effect on overall student health and wellness.  Recent studies have shown that 60% of college students are worried about having enough money for day-to-day expenses; 59% worry about paying for college; and 42% say finances cause them not to participate in extra-curricular activities.i In addition, 34% of students say financial stress has had a negative impact on their academic performance.ii NSCFW wants to address these and other college financial issues, by providing a venue for professionals to learn, promote, and propagate this topic and network with others to allow for the growth of this field across the country.
As members of the higher education financial field, we wanted to reach out and let you know about this event.  Last year, in its first year, we saw 160 attendees from 110 different institutions and 34 states.  We think this is a great opportunity and hope that you'll be able to attend to help us take the field to the next level.  To find out more information about the Summit, please visit www.nscfw.org<http://www.nscfw.org/>  or contact us with any questions.  Follow @nscfw15 on twitter for updates!  Thanks!

[cid:A78C471C-A7B3-48AE-B0E1-0A239CC4B227]