[Natfinwellness] Financial Literacy at Astrakhan, Russia

Parker, Bill Bill-Parker at utc.edu
Tue May 5 14:45:28 EDT 2015

Alexandr (and everyone on the listserv),

I run the Financial Wellness Center here at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. We are a mid-sized university, with around 12,000 undergraduate and graduate students enrolled. We have a lot of great things happening and I would love to share any information with you. The  way I think we differ in our approach to financial literacy programming is that in addition to our work on campus (student and faculty/staff financial wellness initiatives), we have also became a staple in our community (high schools, after school programs, teacher training, etc.). We have also received grant funding and now have an official sponsor (financial backing by a local credit union) which has enabled us to increase our outreach efforts and our overall impact.

Best,

Bill

Bill Parker, MS
Program Manager