[Natfinwellness] Metrics for showing success

Kathleen Czech kzczech at stkate.edu
Mon Feb 16 14:22:42 EST 2015

Hello Lissa,

We have had a Financial Literacy Department since 2008. Please see my
answers to your questions in red below. If you would like to learn more
about what we're doing, it's probably easiest for you to give me a call.
Thank you,

Kathy

*Kathy Czech*
*Assistant Director, Financial Literacy & Student Employment | St.
Catherine University | Coeur de Catherine Suite 210 | 2004 Randolph Avenue,
St. Paul, MN 55105 |  kzczech at stkate.edu <kzczech at stkate.edu> |   |
651.690.8685 |* *studentemployment at stkate.edu
<studentemployment at stkate.edu>  |  moneymentors at stkate.edu
<moneymentors at stkate.edu>*

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 7:11 PM, Perrone, Lissa <
Lissa.Perrone at oregonstate.edu> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> At Oregon State University, we are proposing to have a financial literacy
> office to coordinate all the great pockets of FinLit offers we have.  We
> want to include how we will measure the positive impacts and outcomes, and
> have a great list going.  We wanted to check with those that are already in
> the game for advice and guidance.
>

> If you have a financial literacy office:
>
> 1.       What statistics do you track? We track all walk-in and scheduled
> appointments, whether they be with me (Asst. Dir.), a Peer Money Mentor, or
> our retained Consumer Credit Counselor. We track all attendance to our
> programs through a sign-in sheet. We track the number of students stopping
> by our info tabling dates (we don't track names at tabling). We track all
> email requests for assistance and our responses. We track our social media
> connections. We track survey responses/results. We track all spending.
>
> 2.       Do you survey students to show before/after results? We survey
> students after our events and appointments to gauge if they got the
> information they sought and felt good about moving forward with the
> information taught. We also have done general surveys about their financial
> stress. We have not done a before & after survey per se.

3.       How do you report on your success? Our office is run primarily