[Natfinwellness] Peer/Professional Fin Lit Mentors

David R Smedley dsmedley at email.gwu.edu
Wed Feb 4 14:38:33 EST 2015

How about just set up an email filter to go to a folder/label if you don't
want to see a global answer? Of course, one can also ask folks to respond
privately. I employ both approaches.

The purpose of a listserv is to share information, and it seems to me that
for best practices in financial literacy/wellness education this is most
important. If one wanted a P2P communication, a listserv might not be used.
Speaking for myself, I like seeing all answers because it redounds to
education. Therefore, in all listservs I belong to, I receive all replies.
In some cases, I have auto-forwards set up so that they don't necessarily
go to my inbox but to a folder I would check on a recurring basis.

Some listservs also offer digest options - receiving a lust of topics sent
within a specified period of time. Not sure if this one does, but might be
an option to look into.

I readily grant that my position on this might not necessarily redound to
the efficiency of others, however.

r/drs

David R Smedley
Associate Director, Compliance and Policy
The George Washington University
Office of Student Financial Assistance
Email: dsmedley at email.gwu.edu