[mvapich-discuss] Using DPM on desktop

Subramoni, Hari subramoni.1 at osu.edu
Wed May 20 15:25:37 EDT 2020

Hi, Lana.

The interrupt drive mode of progression that is enabled by MV2_USE_BLOCKING is not required for DPM. So, that can be removed.

However, when DPM is enabled, the MPI library does not know ahead of time where the spawned process is going to be (i.e. the spawned process can be either on the local node or on any remote node) and thus falls back to using network based communication between parent and spawned processes. That is why the IB sub-channel is getting triggered.

We need to see what needs to be done in terms of design changes to enable non-IB based support for DPM. Off the top of my head, it may not be trivial.

Best,
Hari.