[mvapich-discuss] totalview - No message queue display is available

Scott Brozell sbrozell at comcast.net
Mon Jun 29 15:16:46 EDT 2020

Hi,

Thanks Hari.

1.
Web searching had landed me at
https://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/static/media/mvapich/mvapich2-x-2.3-userguide.html
where i didn't see that "-X" which didn't mark the spot :).

FWIW, i recommend being a big spender with characters and
replacing X with Hybrid or less enthusiastically, since humans
operate better with words, PGAS.
(Or at the very least, replace X with dX since MVAPICH2-X is a
derivative of MVAPICH2 :)))

2.
The deadlock condition disappeared when using the only debug build
already installed at my supercomputer center, namely mvapich2/2.2-debug.
And the temporary totalview license has expired.

FWIW, I followed the recipe in 5.2.12 for running the program and
errors wrt options to the application program were produced.
Ultimately, i re-used what i had been using before:
totalview --args mpiexec -np 4 sander.MPI -O ...

scott