[mvapich-discuss] Can't build MVAPICH2 2.3.4 with NVIDIA HPC SDK 20.7 (successor to PGI 20.4, we skipped the 20.5 pre-release)

Korzennik, Sylvain skorzennik at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 7 19:48:10 EDT 2020

Hi Hari,

Thanks for your prompt answer.

1- I have not tried -fPIC since it was not needed w/ v 20.4 (PGI), and I
never needed it to build mvapich w/ any past compiler. My guess is that the
message is a generic one and not relevant, but I may try this anyway,
although I'm not sure where to plug it. Maybe I can set verbose to figure
out what GEN stands for...

2- the –disable-fortran is in the configuration, correct?
While I may toy w/ this if/when I'm idle, I'm tempted to let you get it
working w/ NIVIDA HPC SDC 20.7  - but I'll let you know what I run into if
I run more tests.

3- I'm also running into problems using the OpenMPI distribution that comes
w/  NIVIDA HPC SDC 20.7 - t it couldn't open config directory
'/usr/etc/libibverbs.d, since we have /usr/etc empty and  libibverbs.d in
/etc
You wouldn't happen to know if there is a sysvar to set to tell OpenMPI to
look in /etc?

    Stay sane, safe and healthy, 6+ft away! Cheers,
      Sylvain