[mvapich-discuss] Can't build MVAPICH2 2.3.4 with NVIDIA HPC SDK 20.7 (successor to PGI 20.4, we skipped the 20.5 pre-release)

Subramoni, Hari subramoni.1 at osu.edu
Fri Aug 7 19:34:59 EDT 2020

Hi, Sylvain.

Thanks for reporting the issue to us. We appreciate it.

We have not had a chance to try the NIVIDA HPC SDC 20.7 yet. We will download and install it locally and see if we’re able to reproduce the issue.

Dumb question – as the error message suggests, did you try adding -fPIC to the compilation flags to see if it helps?

Can you try –disable-fortran and see if this or some other issue occurs? Other than that, nothing pops up to my mind right now. I will let you know if we have any suggestions.

Best,
Hari.