[mvapich-discuss] Finding the right version of MVAPICH2

Panda, Dhabaleswar panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Dec 11 14:07:23 EST 2019

Hi,

Thanks for your note.

For pure CPU-based applications, please use MVAPICH2-X.

For GPU-based applications, please use MVAPICH2-GDR.

Both these versions support containers technology.

We are working on a merged  version of these two and it will be available in a few months. After that, you can use this merged version everywhere.

Please note that AWS has a separate network adapter (EFA). Support for this EFA adapter is available under MVAPICH2-X.

Let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thanks,

DK