[mvapich-discuss] Any success stories for the mvapich2/intel pair for spack and/or easybuild?

Belgin, Mehmet mehmet.belgin at oit.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 13 13:31:40 EDT 2018

Greetings from Georgia Tech!

We are considering Spack and Easybuild to build our new software repository. We’ve had a lot of success with mvapich2 and intel compiler combination in the past, but found out (surprisingly) that these tools do not support this combination by default. They have good support for GCC/OpenMPI and partially for gcc/mvapich2, but almost nothing for intel/mvapich2. Our hacking efforts were also not too successful.

We were hoping to get some pointers from the mvapich2 team and user community, who might have been involved with spack/easybuild. I guess as a very first question, is this combination even possible? Are there any successful deployments out there?

We’d really appreciate any insights/directions you may provide.

Thank you!
-Mehmet (PACE Team, Georgia Tech)

---
Mehmet Belgin, Ph.D.
Research Facilitation Lead
Partnership for an Advanced Computing Environment (PACE)
Georgia Institute of Technology
258 4th Street NW, Rich Building, #326
Atlanta, GA  30332-0700
(404) 385-0665