[mvapich-discuss] ucx + mvapich2

Panda, Dhabaleswar panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jun 7 20:55:19 EDT 2018

Hi,

Thanks for your question. To use MVAPICH2 libraries with best performance and scalability, there is no need to use UCX or OFA verbs. The MVAPICH2 libraries directly use Verbs and the associated features.

If you are looking for the best library for your GPU cluster, please use the MVAPICH2-GDR library (not the basic MVAPICH2). The
MVAPICH2-GDR library has many more features for exploiting performance and scalability on GPU clusters.

For non-GPU clusters, we strongly recommend to use the MVAPICH2-X version. This supports many advanced InfiniBand features such as Hybrid RC/UD, Direct Connect Transprt, (DC), Core-direct, ODP, UMR, advanced collectives, etc.

Please visit the MVAPICH page to download the appropriate version of the library for your cluster and use the associated user guide to install and use it.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

DK