[mvapich-discuss] Downloading mvapich2-gdr versions and compatibility between versions

Subramoni, Hari subramoni.1 at osu.edu
Thu Apr 12 09:17:58 EDT 2018

Hello.

I do not understand the question very clearly. For instance, what do you mean by installing a GNU version of MVAPICH2-GDR and using it with Intel/PGI compilers? Do you mean to say that you have an application that does something like this

CC=pgcc
MPICC=mpicc

CC <some_c_file.c>
MPICC <some_mpi_c_file.c>

Link all of them together with CC as the linker?

We have never tried such a combination internally. In principle, it may work, however you could hit weird issues due to minor differences between how compilers perform optimizations.

Further, it is not just compatibility, the choice of compilers can also affect the performance of end applications and the optimization level that gets used.

Thx,
Hari.