[mvapich-discuss] PSM code path doesn't call UPMI_Abort

Moody, Adam T. moody20 at llnl.gov
Tue Mar 14 23:15:53 EDT 2017

Hello MVAPICH team,
We hit a snag with one of our codes that ultimately boils down to the PSM channel not calling PMI_Abort.  Currently, the PSM channel falls through to simply calling MPIU_Exit() and eventually exit() in mpid_abort.c.  This led to problems with one application.

Would it be reasonable to add the following line:

#define MPIDI_CH3_IMPLEMENTS_ABORT

in /src/mpid/ch3/channels/psm/include/mpidi_ch3_pre.h like is done in the mrail channel?

I'm not sure what side effects that may have.

Do you have a recommended fix?
Thanks,
-Adam