[mvapich-discuss] infrequent error in ibv_channel_manager

Martin Pokorny mpokorny at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 10 17:07:25 EST 2017

Hi Hari,

On 03/10/2017 02:34 PM, Hari Subramoni wrote:
> Thank you for the details. Can you also see if there is a segfault
> happening at any process causing this failure?

No evidence of such that I can find. You should know that the
application that's failing is part of a streaming data acquisition
system that runs continuously. I usually have only log files to look at
after the fact, occasionally a core file, but not this time. You did get
me looking at a few more log files, and I noticed that the failures
coincide with times that a new MPI job was starting. The vast majority
of times, a job start isn't coincident with any failure, but the last
two failures did occur at such times. It's just something I happened to
notice, and may not be significant.

> Output of "ibv_devinfo -v" will help.

Here it is: