[mvapich-discuss] configure does not recognize PBSPro

Petr Hanousek petr.hanousek at cesnet.cz
Mon Jul 10 11:05:26 EDT 2017

Hello list,
I've made some tests of mvapich-2.3a in our environment which we
recently switched from Torque driven to PBSPro driven, as PBSPro is a
free software now. These are my findings, hope it helps to improve the
software :) I am also using NEMESIS, which is now deprecated (sorry for
that). I've explained my reasons in an earlier thread, the main one is
that it's easy to compile with combination of IB and TCP fallback. But
that's not the cause of this configure issue as it is about HYDRA.

So, could you please add a check to src/pm/hydra/configure, the same one
as for 'ltorque' but for 'lpbs'?

My configure command is
./configure --prefix=/software/mvapich/2.3/gcc --enable-cxx
--enable-fortran=all --with-pm=hydra --with-device=ch3:nemesis:ib,tcp
--enable-pbs-launcher --with-ibverbs=/software/ofed-1.5.4 --enable-shared

and it does not detect PBSPro at all. When I change all 'ltorque'
mentions in src/pm/hydra/configure to 'lpbs', it works as desired. I've
tested it and it really cooperates with our PBSPro.

BTW './configure --help' command doesn't print anything about an option
'--enable-pbs-launcher' which is quite confusing when you know that
mvapich is PBS (Torque) aware and such an option is necessary.

Thank you, Petr

   Petr Hanousek                   e-mail: petr.hanousek at cesnet.cz
   User Support                    phone:  +420 950 072 112
   CESNET z.s.p.o.                 mobile: +420 606 665 139
   location: Zikova 4, Praha       room: 90a
                        Czech Republic