[mvapich-discuss] mvapich-discuss messages bounce: Too large headers

Panda, Dhabaleswar panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Aug 24 21:29:13 EDT 2017

Hi Peter, Gus, and the List members,

The OSU IT staff members have debugged this issue further. Their reply is included below. It appears that the issue was there temporarily and has been resolved since then.

Please let me know if you are still seeing `too large headers' in recent postings.

If you have been unsubscribed automatically due to this transitory effect in the past, please re-subscribe (or let me know and I will subscribe you). Sorry for this unanticipated and unexpected problem.

Per the University's email system group(UES), some time around June/July Microsoft had started injecting extra header information into emails.  OSU/UES contacted Microsoft when it was noticed and had the issue resolved.  Seeing that the initial mail below was from 7/11/17, it appears the timeline would correlate with the university email group's statement on the matter.  I'm currently subscribed to the list and will keep a watch for the next message to verify extra headers are not being injected.  I'm going to go ahead and close the ticket for now.  If you still see  the issue, please reopen this incident or file a new ticket.

DK