[mvapich-discuss] Error with osu-shmempmi-slurm.patch

Vladimir Florinski vaf0001 at uah.edu
Tue Oct 18 12:55:24 EDT 2016

Thanks, I got it. But I was confused by there being *two* patch files on
the download page:

osu-shmempmi-slurm-15.08.8.patch

and

osu-shmempmi-slurm-16.05.1.patch

Because I am using slurm 16, I assumed the second patch should be applied.
The only difference between the two is that the second file does not have
shmem.c and shmem.h. Now I tried the first patch and it succeeded with
slurm 16. To avoid confusion, I suggest removing the second patch
altogether from the download page.

Thanks,

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Sourav Chakraborty <
chakraborty.52 at buckeyemail.osu.edu> wrote:

> Hi Vladimir,
>
> The files shmem.h and shmem.c are included in the patch itself and should
> be automatically created when you apply the patch.
>
> Can you please apply it using the following command?
>
> $ cd slurm-16.05.5
> $ patch -p1 < ../osu-shmempmi-slurm-15.08.8.patch
>
> Thanks,
> Sourav
>

> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 12:02 PM, Vladimir Florinski <vaf0001 at uah.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Tried to build slurm with this patch provided by the mvapich project. The
>> patch requested the files shmem.h and shmem.c. Where are these supposed to
>> come from? They are not part of slurm, in the current version (16.05.5).
>>
>> --
>> Vladimir Florinski

Vladimir Florinski