[mvapich-discuss] configure fails due to missing verbs.h when ch3:psm2 is requested

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 20:19:20 EDT 2016

I configured MVAPICH2 (trunk, updated today) for Intel Omni Path using PSM2:

../configure CC=icc CXX=icpc FC=ifort F77=ifort
--prefix=/home/jrhammo/MVAPICH2/install-psm2-slurm --with-psm2 --with-slurm
--with-pm=slurm --with-device=ch3:psm

It fails here:

checking psm2.h usability... yes
checking psm2.h presence... yes
checking for psm2.h... yes
checking for psm2_init in -lpsm2... yes
checking infiniband/verbs.h usability... no
checking infiniband/verbs.h presence... no
checking for infiniband/verbs.h... no
configure: error: 'infiniband/verbs.h not found. Did you specify
--with-ib-include=?'

Why does configure look for verbs.h when PSM2 support is requested?

Adding --without-ibverbs does not help, which means that I appear to have
no way to configure MVAPICH2 on this system unless I install Verbs or hack
configure.

Thanks,

Jeff

--